CLEVELAND, OH (WOIO) –
Cleveland Councilman Kenneth Johnson doesn’t think children under 18 should be allowed to buy energy drinks.
So Johnson proposed a bill last month to make it illegal in the city.
The ban comes on the heels of a lawsuit that claims Monster Beverage Corp caused the death of a 14-year old Maryland girl.
Anais Fournier’s parents sued Monster Beverage, blaming them for her death. They say she died of cardiac arrest from “caffeine toxicity” after she drank two Monster Energy drinks on consecutive days.
To see what the drink’s lawyer has to say, click here: 19actionnews.com
Article and Picture Courtesy of WOIO 19 Action News