CLEVELAND, OH (WOIO) –
The city of Cleveland just announced there are big changes coming to Detroit. For some it’s pedal perfect but for others it will be a commuter crunch.
The city of Cleveland has been working very hard to make the city more bike friendly especially with the Cleveland Lakefront Bikeway. Here’s a look at the newest plan: from West 25th to Lake Avenue Detroit will now be one lane in both directions to install a bike lane in both directions.
Jim Sheehan is Executive Director of Ohio City Bicycle Co-op and says Cleveland has definitely made pedal progress.
But drivers say taking 40 blocks of Detroit Avenue down to only two lanes will be a commuter mess in the mornings.
The total cost of the project is $80,000. it’s expected to be complete by end of the year or next spring.
Article Courtesy of WOIO 19 Action News
Like WZAK on Facebook to stay updated with the latest entertainment news and original interviews!
- Republican National Convention Recap
- Tom Joyner News: Hip-Hop Mogul Lighty Found Dead!
- Breaking News: Official 3 Dead In NJ Supermarket Shooting!
- Ohio Texting Ban For Drivers Starts Today!
- Vice President Joe Biden To Lordstown Autoworkers!