“The Congressman is receiving intensive medical treatment at a residential treatment facility for a mood disorder,” a statement from his physician said. “He is responding positively to treatment and is expected to make a full recovery.”
The office would not give any further information, including his doctor’s name, citing privacy.
“The name of the attending physician and treatment center will not be disclosed in order to protect his continuing privacy,” the statement read.
The news comes after a growing number of his Democratic colleagues have called for the congressman to be more forthcoming about his recent weeks-long medical leave from Congress.
“The public relationship that he has as a member of Congress, I think does not shield him,” Rep. Luis Gutierrez, D-Ill., said.
“I think Congressman Jackson and his office and his family would be well-advised to advise his constituents of his health condition,” House Minority Whip Steny Hoyer, D-Md., told reporters Wednesday.
“His health is the number one priority,” Sen. Dick Durbin, D-Ill., said. “As a public official though, there reaches a point where you have a responsibility to tell people what you’re facing and how things are going.”
Source: CBS News
- Most Popular
- Cleveland’s Stone Soul Picnic – A Blast from the 80′s is hitting the Land! [DETAILS]
- Khloe Kardashian Has Different Father than Sisters…???
- Michael Ealy Dishes On Halle Berry “She’s Not A Crazy (Bitter Black) Woman” Because Of Bad Relationships
- Pregnant Nia Long Goes Nude for Ebony Magazine!
- Chaka Khan on How She Lost the Weight [VIDEO]
- Trailer: Spike Lee Presents ‘Red Hook Summer’ Movie
- 10 Things Revealed in R. Kelly’s Memoir
- Evangelist “CoCo Brother” and his Wife Have Been Blessed with Another Baby Girl
- Chaka Khan and Aretha Franklin Pay Tribute to Whitney Houston
- Usher Stepson Brains Dead, Family Friend Is Responsible For Accident
- T.J. Holmes of BET: ‘Yes I use the N-Word’